Have an idea for a scarecrow?
Here's one you can start working on right away, the deadline is next week.
Peddler's Village invites scarecrowcreators of all ages to enter the 32nd Annual Scarecrow Competition and Display.
The deadline to submit entry forms is Friday, Sept, 3.
Participants may enter submissions in six scarecrow categories for morethan $5,000 in cash and prizes. The colorful scarecrow creations will beon display in Peddler's Village from Monday, Sept. 6 through Sunday, Oct. 24.
Register for one or more of the following categories:
* Quite the Character Scarecrow: Open the world of possibilitiesas you create a scarecrow interpretation of your favorite televisioncharacter-human, animal or animated!
* Traditional/Whirligig Scarecrow: Pay homage to the scarecrowsthat have been "scaring crows' from the farmers' fields and gardens forcenturies. You may choose to add parts that move or make noise when thewind gusts to make it a true whirligig-either way your scarecrow has itswork cut out for it here in the Village.
* The Keystone Krow: Create the person, place or thing-past,present or future that says "Pennsylvania" to you! Or, perhaps you'llchoose to focus on a Bucks County themed crow! PA possibilities areendless!
* An Extraordinary Contemporary Scarecrow: Think out of the boxon this one-not necessarily a "Scarecrow"-more like a cutting edgecreation for the garden. You are only limited by your imagination!
* Kids Only! Scarecrow: Kids 12 and under can enter and should dothe majority of creation themselves in a category that gives kids theopportunity to compete with their peers.
* Group Scarecrow: Make your scarecrow a group project-school,church, office, club, scout troop, neighborhood, etc.
Put on yourcreative thinking caps and conjure up a winner!.Contestants must register to enter the competition no later than Friday, Sept. 3 and plan to install their scarecrows for outdoor publicdisplay in the Village on Sunday, Sept. 5, noon to 2 p.m.
Entry forms with the official competition rules and regulations are availableat the Peddler's Village Hospitality Center in the lobby of the Cock 'nBull Restaurant, by phone at (215) 794-4000, or by visitinghttp://peddlersvillage.com/special_events/scarecrow_rules.htm
The public votes for their favorites through September 24. Ballots areavailable in all shops and ballot boxes will be located in GiggleberryFair and the Cock 'n Bull Restaurant. Winners will be announced andposted on the Peddler's Village website by Saturday, Oct. 2.
Prizeswill be mailed the week of Oct. 25.
More information is available on thePeddler's Village website at www.peddlersvillage.com or at (215) 794-4000.